Dear Members of the CarnegieMellon|Portugal Community:
This year's main event for our partnership is the CarnegieMellon|Portugal Conference to be held on MONDAY, JUNE 22, 2009 in Porto, Portugal. The chosen venue is the magnificient Palacio da Bolsa, right by the River Douro, in the heart of the World Heritage Site of Porto.
We expect the largest possible attendance by members of our community in Portugal and at Carnegie Mellon.
The main objectives of the event are to present current results to the general public and to set an ambitious research agenda for the future. The conference program shall include:
- presentation of a strategic document on the key focused areas of our program
- research talks by CarnegieMellon|Portugal faculty, researchers and MS/PhD students
- technical contributions by our industrial affiliates
- first results and demos by all teams of ongoing research projects
- welcome and closing addresses by senior government officials
- networking opportunities for students, faculty, researchers and industrial affiliates
More detailed information on the program will be forthcoming. Please send your ideas and suggestions to email@example.com.
With best regards,
The Leadership Team of the CarnegieMellon|Portugal Program